2018-2019 Graduate Catalog

Satisfactory Academic Progress

To be eligible to receive federal student aid, students must maintain satisfactory academic progress toward a degree or certificate. The two standards utilized by the University to determine satisfactory academic progress are quantitative and qualitative progress.

Quantitative progress requires students to complete a certain percentage of attempted courses. Qualitative progress requires students to earn a predetermined Northwest cumulative grade point average. Students must be in compliance with the University’s written standards for both quantitative and qualitative progress to maintain eligibility for any type of federal financial aid.

The University will attempt to notify students by e-mail or mail when they have not maintained satisfactory academic progress. However, students are responsible for being aware of the satisfactory academic progress policies and will remain ineligible, even if the University’s notification is not received.